7 Best Miter Saw Stands 2020 with Buying Guide
No one will like to be in non-comfortable and non-productive conditions. Putting your miter saw on the ground and making cuts may work for you. But it is a pain especially when you need it more often and with large lumbers.
Adding comfort and increasing your productivity, you'll need a proper miter saw stand. There are a lot of stands, and how to chose one that is best for you depends on many factors, like its weight and material capacity, saw compatibility, weight, stability, price, and stand size including folded size.
I've compiled a list of top 7 best miter saw stands in the market for 2020 and beyond.
So without wasting more of your time, let's get started.
- Best Miter Saw Stands 2020 Comparison table
- 1. Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise
- Main Features of Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise - The Best Miter Saw Stand
- Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise Miter Saw Stand Pros & Cons
- 2. DEWALT DWX726 - 2nd Best Miter Saw Stand With Wheels
- Main Features of DEWALT DWX726 - Miter Saw Stand with wheels
- DEWALT DWX726 - Miter Saw Stand with wheels Pros and Cons
- 3. DEWALT DWX723 - Miter Saw Stand, Heavy Duty (no wheels)
- 4. BORA Portamate PM-4000 - Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand
- Main Features of BORA Portamate PM-4000 - Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand
- BORA Portamate PM-4000 - Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand Pros & Cons
- 5. POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand with Wheels
- Main Features of POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand with Wheels
- POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand with Wheels Pros & Cons
- 6. WEN MSA330 Collapsible Rolling Miter Saw Stand
- Main Features of WEN MSA330 Collapsible Rolling Miter Saw Stand
- WEN MSA330 Collapsible Rolling Miter Saw Stand Pros & Cons
- 7. HICO UWC4000 Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand
- Main Features of HICO UWC4000 Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand
- HICO UWC4000 Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand Pros & Cons
- Buying Guide
- Stand Maximum Weight Capacity
- Is your saw compatible with this stand?
- What should be the weight of the stand?
- Height Adjustability
- Folded Size
- Stand Stability
- What should be the Price of a miter saw stand?
- Bottom Line
- Related Articles
Best Miter Saw Stands 2020 Comparison table
Where to Buy
Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise
BORA Portamate PM-4000
1. Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise
The Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise miter saw stand is our best choice. Because of its excellent features, durability and user experience. It is portable, i.e. You can carry it wherever you want without taking off your miter saw. This miter saw stand has 8" pneumatic wheels that'll help you move around quickly and easily.
The Gravity-Rise system makes it easily adjustable. It helps in quick setup and break down. This "patented" system is available exclusively for "Bosch".
The adjustable leveling feet make it easy to stabilize on uneven surfaces.
Main Features of Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise - The Best Miter Saw Stand
- It has an exclusive "Gravity-Rise System" designed for quick set up and breakdown.
- It has up to 18 feet of material capacity. I.e. No other portable stand has this feature.
- It has 8-inch wheels for easy transport around Jobsite with an attached miter saw.
- It has the Universal Mounting System, so you can mount any miter saw you like.
- It has an adjustable height outfeed.
- Mostly made of steel, having 91.6 pounds of weight.
- It has up to 18-feet material capacity.
Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise Miter Saw Stand Pros & Cons
2. DEWALT DWX726 - 2nd Best Miter Saw Stand With Wheels
DeWALT has some of the best miter saws in the market. So making stands for their products that are durable and powerful is necessary.
The DeWALT miter saw stand has some impressive features. Like it is universal, i.e. it is not just for DeWALT miter saws, but can also be used for other brands. It has wheels for easy Jobsite transporting and is made of steel that can withstand about 300-Pound maximum weight capacity. etc.
The "Material Support Capacity" is lower than "Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise Miter Saw Stand", i.e. it is 8 feet only. But it won't bother you if working with standard 2×4. I think it is the closest to the Bosch T4B stand.
Main Features of DEWALT DWX726 - Miter Saw Stand with wheels
- It is universal, i.e. this miter stand is for every miter saw brand.
- It has wheels for easy Jobsite mobility.
- It is a foldable miter saw stand.
- It is made of tubular steel, that can withstand up to 300-pounds weight.
- It has 3 position pneumatic assisted raising and lowering.
- It weighs about 25 pounds only.
DEWALT DWX726 - Miter Saw Stand with wheels Pros and Cons
3. DEWALT DWX723 - Miter Saw Stand, Heavy Duty (no wheels)
If you are looking for an affordable yet powerful DeWALT stand that you'll stick to one place, the DeWALT DWX723 is the one to choose. It is made for professionals that do not require the miter saw to move around but need a heavy-duty stand.
It is a foldable miter saw stand. It is made of lightweight aluminum so you can carry around easily. The DeWALT DWX 723 miter saw stand has up to 16 feet of material support capacity and up to 500 pounds in weight capacity. It also has non-marring feet to avoid scratching.
The one thing that makes it difficult is the Saw mounting. It is awkward to mount and unmount a saw. Otherwise, it is one of the best stands.
Main Features of DEWALT DWX723 - Miter Saw Stand
- It has up to 16 feet of material support and up to 500 pounds in weight capacity.
- The construction material is lightweight aluminum.
- It is a foldable miter saw stand. The folded tool width & Height is 70x6 inches.
- It is a universal miter saw stand. i.e. You can fit any brand miter saw on it.
DEWALT DWX723 - Miter Saw Stand Pros & Cons
4. BORA Portamate PM-4000 - Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand
The "BORA Portamate PM-4000" miter saw stand is the best combination of high quality and low price. It is strong enough to support up to 500 pounds of weight and can support up to 10 feet of materials.
This stand has no height adjustment, but its height works for most of us and is about 36 inches high. The stand can be carried easily as it weighs about 30 pounds only.
If you need wheels for easy transport, you can get a supported wheel kit for it.
Main Features of BORA Portamate PM-4000 - Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand
- The best combination of high quality and low price.
- Support up to 500 lbs of weight and 10 feet of materials.
- Weighs about 30 pounds only.
- It can be upgraded with PM-4004 dual wheel upgrade kit.
- Universal Miter Saw Stand.
- It is a foldable miter saw stand.
- Quick Setup & Takedown
BORA Portamate PM-4000 - Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand Pros & Cons
5. POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand with Wheels
The POWERTEC MT4000 miter saw stand is a portable saw workstation. It is constructed with steel tubing and locking steel legs, that support up to 330 pounds of weight.
You can mount miter saws, table-top saws, and planner easily on this stand. It has a convenient 3-outlet power strip so you won't need to sit near a power source.
The PowerTec MT4000 miter saw stand can be easily stabilized on an uneven surface with adjustable leveling feet.
It has 2 adjustable steel rollers that support your workpiece along the stand length accurately.
Main Features of POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand with Wheels
- It is an innovative mobile saw stand, that is made of round steel tubing.
- Up to 330 pounds of weight capacity.
- It has 8-Inch rubber wheels for easy transport.
- It is a universal miter saw stand. Support arms extend to 79-1/4-Inch, retract to 46-Inch.
- Spring-loaded locking legs for easy set-up and break down with universal quick-release mounting brackets.
- Two 11-1/2" steel rollers ensure a smooth feed.
POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand with Wheels Pros & Cons
6. WEN MSA330 Collapsible Rolling Miter Saw Stand
WEN has done a great job constructing this affordable yet powerful miter saw stand. The price of this stand is much lower than its similar competitors, without compromising the quality.
The WEN MSA330 collapsible rolling miter saw stand has a universal design that fits nearly any miter saw. This stand has a 1-1/2-inch diameter steel frame that can withstand up to 330 pounds of weight.
The saw stand supports up to 10.5 feet boards. This stand also includes 3 onboard 120V 15A outlets to avoid sitting near a power outlet.
The foldable miter saw stand design and 8-inch never-flat wheels allow it to move around the job site easily.
Main Features of WEN MSA330 Collapsible Rolling Miter Saw Stand
- It is made of a steel frame.
- It has a powder-coated finish to avoid corrosion and make it long-lasting.
- It has 2 height-adjustable rollers, 2 table extensions, and quick-release brackets.
- It supports up to 330 pounds of weight and up to 10.5 feet of materials.
- It includes 3 on-board 15A outlets.
- Foldable and rollable miter saw stand design.
WEN MSA330 Collapsible Rolling Miter Saw Stand Pros & Cons
7. HICO UWC4000 Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand
While the HICO UWC4000 miter saw stand has a lower price but it has some very impressive features. It has an affordable price. It has a max weight capacity of 500 pounds while it is incredibly light-weight, i.e. 26.1 pounds only. This saw stand frame is made of stainless steel.
It is a universal miter saw stand design so that almost any brand miter saw can be fitted on it.
But we have put it in last on our list of the best miter saw stands. Because the stand design is not that good. The square tube arms sliding into round tubes suck. The plastic also breaks if tighten the knobs. Even though this is a very low-cost model, it’s not even worth the low price if it can’t hold up to even very basic usage.
I hope they fix these design issues. Because it holds it off from being useful.
Main Features of HICO UWC4000 Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand
- The frame is constructed from tubular steel with a powder-coated finish to avoid corrosion.
- It is a lightweight saw stand that can withstand up to 500 pounds of weight.
- Universal design makes it compatible with up to 12-inch miter saws, including compound sliding miter saws.
- You can quickly mount/unmount miter saw.
- It is a portable and foldable miter saw stand.
- It is on an ideal ergonomic working height of 35.8 inches.
- It has anti-slip leg pads that make extra stability and safety.
HICO UWC4000 Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand Pros & Cons
I have mentioned above the "Top 7 Best Miter Saw Stands for 2020". But you may not like any one of these. So here are some features that you should keep in mind while judging best miter saw stand for you. These are the same functions that we used to compare different miter saw stands and compiled a list of them.
Stand Maximum Weight Capacity
The maximum weight a stand can withstand should be considered when buying a new miter saw stand. This value includes the weight of your miter saw as well as the material you'll be cutting through.
If you'll need to cut some trim pieces, the weight should not be your concern. But if you are going to work with large lumbers, you need to consider it. Because, it can add substantial weight.
I am sure, you won't like your stand to collapse under the saw and lumber. As it may damage your saw and may become potentially dangerous.
Check the stand weight capacity and choose the one that has higher than what you intend to use it for. This will give you much more flexibility and peace of mind.
Is your saw compatible with this stand?
It is also important to check if the stand that you are going to buy is compatible with the saw you have. Otherwise, it'll be useless for you.
While most of the stands are universal and will be compatible with almost every type of miter saw. But you should check it as some are only for specific miter saw sizes. So before you buy a stand, you should check if it supports your miter saw size.
BTW, the stands that I mentioned in this guide are all compatible with almost every type of miter saw.
What should be the weight of the stand?
Indeed, heavier stands are often more stable and strong. But it depends whether you need it or not. Most heavier stands have wheels easy mobility.
But if the stand is heavy and it has no wheels, then you'll be carrying that weight in addition to your miter saw. So avoid heavier stands with no wheels.
Many miters saw stands are of a fixed height, which is compatible with everyone. But, what if you want your stand to be of the height that is most compatible for you only?
Some miters saw stand models have the height adjustment system in it. So you can set it to the most comfortable height you like.
If you are a professional carpenter who uses the miter saw a lot, then the size of a folded stand won't matter. But most do not use the miter saw quite often, so neither its stand.
When you do not use your miter saw and stand, you'll need to store them. But if your stand does not fold, it'll take quite a lot of space.
So you need to keep this folded size in mind while buying your new miter saw stand. Many stands are foldable, so easy to store and transported. This is also one of the reasons you should not make a heavier and not foldable stand yourself.
Stand stability is an important factor. No one wants a stand that vibrates, wobbles or jolts. Otherwise, it is more dangerous for you, and your lumbers.
A good stand must be rock-solid. It won't move when the saw kicks on. So make sure you chose a stand that is perfectly leveled and holds steady through any pressure.
Normally a heavier stand, made of stronger materials and has leveling feet for uneven surface, will tend to be more steady.
What should be the Price of a miter saw stand?
The price depends on the stand features you need.
If you are a professional carpenter, using your miter saw a lot, then sure, you should buy an expensive one that has many features. It'll make you more productive and comfortable.
But if you are a DIY creator or hobbyist who uses the miter saw only a few times in a month, then you may not need those extra features. You'll save some bucks on getting a cheaper one.
Because the main function of a stand is just to hold the miter saw tightly, that every stand can do.
After reading to this point, you'll have a clear idea of what you need in your stand. I think the "Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise" stand is the best from every aspect. It is incredibly stable, solid build and has up to 18 feet of material capacity. The 2nd close to Bosch T4B is "DeWALT DWX726" which also has almost the same features but less costly.
If you do not need those fancy features, then the "BORA Portamate BM-4000" stand should be your choice. It is only about 26 pounds and has a weight capacity of up to 500 pounds. It is less than half the price of DeWALT. This makes it the 3rd best miter saw stand on our list.
The "WEN MSA330" stand is a new one, but it also has many features at a lower price.
If there is something, that I missed, OR you want to give me a suggestion, please let me know in the comments below. It helps us all.
I am the Founder of JigsawExpert. Previously, working in a construction company for about 10 years. Now, I have extensive knowledge and experience. I love in-depth research on Power tools, especially those used for Woodworking and DIY Projects. Because these are what I use a lot. I share my experience with other peoples like you to make the best choice.