Miter Saws are usually used to make crosscuts at selected angles on a workpiece. Like on frames, crown molding, window casings, etc. These cuts can not be made easier with a regular saw.
It is the need of every handyman’s workshop. If you are making a DIY project, or you are a professional, miter saws should be in your use. You can use it to cut wood, plastic, aluminum, and other materials easily.
But, there are plenty of compounds and sliding miter saws on the market, and you’ll also notice that every brand calls its own the best miter saw. They only post features as a selling point, instead of their defects too.
- Best Miter Saws Comparison Table
- 1 – DEWALT DWS779 – 12-inch, Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- 2 – DEWALT DWS780 – 12-Inch, double bevel, Sliding Compound
- 3 – Makita XSL06PT – 10-inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- 4 – TACKLIFE PMS03A – 12-Inch, double bevel, Sliding Compound
- 5 – Bosch GCM12SD – 12-inch, bosch Axial Glide Compound Sliding Miter Saw
- 6 – Metabo HPT C10FSHCT – 10-inch Sliding Compound with Laser Marker
- 7 – TACKLIFE EMS01A – 10-inch, Double Speed, Sliding Compound
- 8 – WEN MM1214 – 12-inch Dual-Bevel, Sliding Compound with Laser
- 9 – Hitachi C10FCG – 10-inch Single Bevel Compound
- 10 – SKIL 3821-01 – 12-inch Compound with Laser
- Bottom Line for choosing the perfect miter saw
- Compound vs Sliding Miter Saw
- About the Author
- Related Articles
Disclaimer: I am using amazon.com affiliate advertising program links in this post. If you do any tool purchases using these links, I may get a commission without extra charges to you.
So keeping this in mind, I’ve researched different types of miter saws and compiled the list of the top 10 best miter saws for 2021. I’ll try my best to keep this list fresh and will update its content from time to time.
If you have experienced any difficulties with any miter saw brand, please help others as well. Let us know your findings. This will also help other people like you in the future. It’ll also compel these brands to make a better one.
Best Miter Saws Comparison Table
So, without wasting more of your time, let’s get started.
1 – DEWALT DWS779 – 12-inch, Sliding Compound Miter Saw
DeWALT is a leading brand of quality power tools.
It is loved and trusted by both the handymen and the contractors. The reason for the trust is its good quality and durability.
I’ve listed the 3 best DeWALT sliding compound Miter Saws here and the reason for ranking this one (DWS779) at the top is because of its quality, durability, and user reviews.
Otherwise, I’d had listed DWS780 Miter Saw on the top, which is a new model of the series, with more features, but a little less satisfied users.
The DeWALT DWS779 is like the DeWalt (DWS780) but without the XPS lighting system.
The DeWALT DWS779 – 12-inch, sliding compound saw is by far the Best Miter Saw in the market right now.
It has a powerful 15-Amp direct-drive motor that delivers up to 3,800 RPM speed. It has an exclusive fence structure that can cut up to 2×16 dimensional lumber, at 90 degrees and 2×12 at 45 deg.
It has an in-built precise cut-line Blade Positioning System to help adjustment-free cut-line indications. It also has a handle for easy portability on the job site.
Main Features of DeWALT DWS779
- It has a powerful 15 Amp, 3,800 RPM motor.
- Exclusive back fence design that cross-cuts up to 2×16 dimensional lumber at 90 degrees and 2×12 at 45 deg.
- The integrated super efficient dust collector system.
- Dual-bevel cuts up to 49 degrees and bevel stops.
- Increased crosscut capacity and precision
DEWALT DWS779 Pros & Cons
2 – DEWALT DWS780 – 12-Inch, double bevel, Sliding Compound
DeWALT (DWS780) is our 2nd choice on the top 10 best Sliding Miter Saws list. Although, it is better in quality and features than DEWALT DWS779 (discussed above). Because it is the latest version. But, due to not much-satisfied users, I put it in the 2nd position.
It has all the features that DeWALT DWS779 has and many extra as well. It has a 15 Amp motor, that can spin up to 3,800 RPM. It is durable and powerful. It has an exclusive Back Fence structure that can cut up to 2×16 dimensional lumber at 90 deg and 2×12 at 45 deg.
It has an adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate, which has 10 positive stops. It also has a new gearbox and belt drive design, which improves the vertical cut capacity.
Above all, it has an integrated XPS crosscut positioning system that helps in adjustment-free cross-cuts. So you can work efficiently and quickly.
Main Features of DEWALT (DWS780)
- It has a powerful 15 Amp, 3,800 RPM motor.
- Integrated revolutionary XPS crosscut positioning system to help in adjustment-free cuts.
- Exclusive rear fence design with compound cuts up to 2×16 dimensional lumber at about 90 deg and 2×12 at 45 deg.
- The integrated super efficient dust collector system.
- Dual-bevel cuts up to 49 degrees.
- Increased cut capacities and precision
DEWALT (DWS780) Pros & Cons
3 – Makita XSL06PT – 10-inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The Makita XSL06PT is the best cordless Miter Saw that runs on batteries’ power.
Cordless miter saws are often very portable and best suited for outdoors and job site work.
This Makita XSL06PT is also a cordless miter saw. It is portable, and best suited for outdoor work. The durability and power are also very good. It has a 10″ saw, which is a bit smaller than DEWALT DWS779 Miter saw. But it has more interesting features, which made it rank no 3 on our list.
Makita XSL06PT Miter Saw has a brushless motor, that can deliver up to 4,400 RPM of speed. The motor speed is electronically controlled. The other benefit of this brushless motor is that it removes the need for carbon brushes, which make it cooler, efficient, and durable for a longer time.
Makita has integrated an automatic speed and torque control technology which improves its performance during cutting.
The Makita XSL06PT sliding miter saw comes with 2 LXT technology, 5.0 Ah batteries. It delivers up to 334 cross-cuts per charge cycle in 2×4 SPF and up to 192 compound cuts per charge in 2×12 SPF lumber.
Main Features of Makita XSL06PT
- It is powered by two LXT 5 Ah batteries, which are better in performance, speed and durability.
- It has an electronically-controlled brushless motor, that delivers up to 4,400 RPM speed for smooth cutting.
- It has a double Bevel cutting ability up to 48 degrees.
- It has double dust collection ports for increased dust extraction.
Makita XSL06PT Pros & Cons
4 – TACKLIFE PMS03A – 12-Inch, double bevel, Sliding Compound
TACKLIFE PMS03A is another one in the perfect miter saws race.
The company has done a pretty decent job manufacturing this miter saw, besides its wide range of other power tools. The TACKLIFE PMS03A is a close runner after DEWALT and has a lot of cool features.
The TACKLIFE PMS03A features a powerful 15-amp motor, that spins up to 3,800 rpm. It makes a smoother cutting experience. It has a sliding cutting design for added cutting width and extended cutting flexibility. The built-in laser illuminates the cut-line for higher accuracy.
It has a clamping device system that improves stability and operational security. The base angle can be changed easily and it also has a soft-grip cutting handle, which improves the overall miter saw use and comfortability.
Main features of TACKLIFE PMS03A Sliding Miter Saw
- Powerful 15 Amp, 3,800 rpm motor.
- Clamping device system that improves stability and safety.
- Double Bevel Cutting up to 45 deg in both directions, i.e. left and right.
- It has an efficient dust collection system.
- A built-in laser illuminates the cutting line.
TACKLIFE PMS03A Pros & Cons
5 – Bosch GCM12SD – 12-inch, bosch Axial Glide Compound Sliding Miter Saw
The Bosch GCM12SD is an expensive miter saw totally made from stainless steel.
But it worth every penny you spend. Because it has a lot of features, and it is powerful and durable. It is the new one that is both powerful and looks a lot durable.
The Bosch Company itself has a better reputation.
The Bosch Axial Glide miter saw has revolutionary, up-front bevel controls. Bevel lock lever and range selector located upfront for quick and easy bevel adjustments without reaching behind the saw.
This sliding miter saw comes with a 120 volts AC adopter, so you can plug into a power source and start working with great power and flexibility. The motor can spin up to 38,000 RPM (no load).
It features a larger capacity, so once you lower the swing-arm, you can finish most of your work without remounting the board in other directions.
It has a strong motor that provides long run-time. It provides easy adjustments with a large, easy to read, uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detents and roof pitch angles.
Main features of Bosch GCM12SD
- Axial glide system: The glide system allows wider cross-cuts and better alignment while also being compact.
- Expanded cutting capacity.
- AC powered. Included 120V Power Adaptor.
- It has a strong motor that delivers up to 38,000 RPM.
- Integrated Arbor Washer Laser Guide for better accuracy and illumination of cuts line.
- Motor breaks are present.
- It has 65 pounds of weight.
Bosch GCM12SD Pros & Cons
6 – Metabo HPT C10FSHCT – 10-inch Sliding Compound with Laser Marker
The Metabo HPT C10FSHCT – 10″ sliding miter saw is a good one. Because it has many features and is powerful.
It has a 15 Amps powerful motor, that’ll cut many materials smoothly. It has a Zero Rear Clearance Slide System that helps the saw head to slide along a fixed rail without affecting the range motion. It also enables the saw to sit flush against a wall or on a benchtop.
It has a double bevel ability up to 48 degrees each side. The miter angle to the right is up to 60 degrees and up to 55 degrees to the left side. The bevel angle can be set from the front side with an upfront bevel lock.
The Metabo HPT C10FSHCT Sliding Miter saw has also LED light, which helps illuminate the work area in low light areas for precise cuts.
Main Features of Metabo HPT C10FSHCT
- Powerful, durable, and easy to handle.
- Powerful 15 Amps motor that delivers about 40%+ more power and torque than the “Metabo HPT C10FSHC” model.
- Built-in LED light and Laser.
- Double Bevel, up to 48 degrees with easy front side adjustment system.
- Dual-Miter angle cuts settings along with Miter detent override for a faster angle change.
Metabo HPT C10FSHCT Pros & Cons
7 – TACKLIFE EMS01A – 10-inch, Double Speed, Sliding Compound
Probably the only Miter Saw which has double speeds. With just a switch of a button, you can set the speed of its strong motor. The saw is a newly released model. But many users already have tested it and are very happy with the results.
The TackLife EMS01A has a powerful motor that can spin up to 3,200 RPM and 4,500 RPM. The speed can be set by a simple switch. This produces a precise and smooth cutting experience. I.e. if you need to cut wood, you’ll want to convert it to high speed, while for metal cutting, you’ll want to convert to low speed.
It has a dual bevel cutting ability up to 45 deg. While the miter cuts can also be done on both sides up to 45 deg. It includes a laser marker to illuminate the exact cutline and for better cut quality.
This 10-inch Miter Saw comes with 3 blades. 2 blades (40T TCT 10-inch Blade) for wood and plastic cutting, while the 3rd one (48T TCT 10-inch Blade) is multifunctional and for versatile use. higher tooth count results in smoother cuts.
It also has a solid iron made Self-retracting saw shield that covers the teeth of the cutting blade and helps protect its teeth.
Main Features of TACKLIFE EMS01A
- Powerful 15 Amps motor with 2 different speed settings. i.e. 3,200 RPM and 4,500 RPM.
- Laser Marker included which lit the exact cutline.
- Iron Blade Guard (Self-retracting saw shield) covers the outside of the Blade for extra safety.
- Included a chip bag for auto dust collection.
- It can be mounted on large tables with an extended platform.
TACKLIFE EMS01A Pros & Cons
8 – WEN MM1214 – 12-inch Dual-Bevel, Sliding Compound with Laser
WEN MM1214 is also one of the Best Miter Saw on this list. It is a new one, which is not been tested by many real carpenters. But those who tested are satisfied with it.
The WEN MM1214 Miter Saw has a powerful 15 Amps motor that can spin up to 3,800 RPM. It can bevels and miters up to 45 deg on both sides. The Bevel control is on the front end so you can change it easily.
There are 9 commonly used Miter cuts stops. But if you need any custom angle cuts you can lock the miter between any stops.
It also has 2 retractable table extensions, a laser for precise cutline illumination, an LED work light, and a dust bag for dust collection.
Main Features of WEN MM1214
- Powerful 15 Amps motor which produces up to 3800 RPM speed.
- Dual-Bevel up to 45 degrees.
- Miter cutting up to 45 degrees on both sides.
- Miter lock on any angle.
- Laser to lit cutline, with an LED work light.
- Dust collection system.
WEN MM1214 Pros & Cons
9 – Hitachi C10FCG – 10-inch Single Bevel Compound
Our 6th position is for “Metabo HPT” (previously known as Hitachi) manufacturer.
The Hitachi C10FCG (Metabo HPT C10FCG) miter saw is a cheap (best budget) meter saw. It is best for light use, like occasional DIY projects or any other small woodwork.
The Hitachi C10FCG miter saw has a 2.57 hp powerful motor. It has a dust port attached to a vacuum to keep the cutline clear & clean.
The Metabo HPT C10FCG is the lightest of all types of miter saws on this list. i.e. It weighs 24.2 lbs only. So you’ll be able to carry it anywhere you want.
With the 15 Amps motor, you can cut smoothly any type of wood. The miter ranges left 52 and right 52.
Main Features of Hitachi C10FCG
- Single Bevel, Compound
- 15 Amp motor that delivers a smooth cutting experience.
- It is the lightest of all Miter saws on this list and has 24.2 pounds of weight.
- Best for DIY projects.
Hitachi C10FCG Pros & Cons
10 – SKIL 3821-01 – 12-inch Compound with Laser
This is the 2nd Best Miter Saw on this list that is Single Bevel and is a compound miter saw.
The swing-arm in a single compound miter saw tilts in one direction. While in other dual-compound the swing-arm can be tilted in both directions.
I put this after Metabo HPT C10FCG (above) because it has a little less satisfied users than the above-mentioned miter saw. Although, it has a lot of very good features.
The SKIL 3821-01 – 12″ compound miter saw has a powerful 15 Amps motor that produces up to 4,500 RPM. Which is amazing. It has a built-in laser, and you can set up to 9 positive stops for common miter angles.
It has right & left table extension rails to fit on a large workpiece, and if you are using the SKIL miter saw stand (3302-02), then it has a quick-mount system as well.
It is pretty good for what you’ll pay for.
Main Features of SKIL 3821-01
- Powerful 15 Apms Motor that spins up to 4,500 RPM
- Built-in Laser guides
- Single bevel, compound miter saw
- Right/Left Extension rails to fit on a long workpiece.
SKIL 3821-01 Pros & Cons
Bottom Line for choosing the perfect miter saw
Searching depends on your type of work and budget. If you are a professional or have some spare money, you should buy the sliding miter saws like “DEWALT DWS779” OR “DEWALT (DWS780)“, they both have the best features, thoroughly tested by other professionals like you and powerful. It makes them the best on this list.
If you are in search of the best miter saw for DIY or occasional projects, I’d suggest “SKIL 3821-01“. But if you are low on budget, get “Metabo HPT (Hitachi) C10FCG“. These both are better for your occasional and light work like DIY or homework.
If you are looking for the best portable miter saws. You should buy “Makita XSL06PT” OR “DEWALT DHS716AT2” which is an expensive miter saw. But these are portable and light-weight, so you can carry them around job sites. Both are cordless while the 2nd one can also be run by a power source with its included adapter.
If you prefer safer and secure but do not have the budget to buy an expensive one, I’ll recommend “TACKLIFE EMS01A“. It is a new one but has a lot of cool features.
Compound vs Sliding Miter Saw
A standard miter saw is like a chop saw. It has the ability to make angle cuts, or ‘miters’. But a Compound can make both cuts, i.e. miters and bevels. For the average woodworker, it’s very rare to need to cut bevels. While, on a Sliding miter saw the blade can slides out, allowing for the ability to cut wider boards as well.
Whenever possible, make sure you always choose from compound sliding miter saws. Because these sliding miter saws will make you able to work on larger boards too.
If you did not choose from sliding miter saws, you will only be limited to small wooden boards.
If there is something, that I missed, OR you want to give me a suggestion, please fill the comment form below.
About the Author
I am the Founder of JigsawExpert. Previously, working in a construction company for about 10 years. Now, I have extensive knowledge and experience. I love in-depth research on Power tools, especially those used for Woodworking and DIY Projects. Because these are what I use a lot. I share my experience with other peoples like you to make the best choice.
Last update on 2021-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API