Top 10 Best Budget Jigsaws
Most of the top jigsaw brands are very pricy. But this does not mean you can not buy one if you have less amount of money. By doing some research, I have found some decent number of best budget jigsaws that are not expensive.
In this article, you'll learn about some of the best budget jigsaws in the market.
I have compiled the top 10 list of cheap jigsaws here. These are almost all under $50, but some may rose up to $100. Because under $100 jigsaws are also considered to be affordable.
I'll also provide answers to the most common questions at the end.
- Best Budget Jigsaw Reviews and Comparison table
- 1 - Black+Decker BDEJS600C Smart Select Jig Saw
- 2 - TACKLIFE Advanced 6.7 Amp Jigsaw - PJS02A
- 3 - Black & Decker BDEJS4C Jig Saw
- 4 - WEN 33606 Variable Speed Orbital Jigsaw
- 5 - SKIL JS314901 Corded Jigsaw
- 6 - Meterk 3000 SPM Jigsaw
- 7 - PORTER-CABLE Orbital PCE345
- 8 - PORTER-CABLE PCC650B Jigsaw
- 9 - Avid Power AJS268 Laser Jigsaw
- 10 - Tacklife Classic PJS03A Jigsaw
- Buyers Guide for your new jigsaw
- Is price something to look at?
- What Does The Warranty Cover?
- What’s The Difference Between A Corded and Cordless Jigsaw?
- Can a DIY work jigsaw also good for heavy-duty projects?
- What Is SPM?
- What is Orbital or Pendulum Action?
- Related Articles
Let's review them to help you get the one suitable for you.
Best Budget Jigsaw Reviews and Comparison table
Where to Buy
Black + Decker BDEJS600C
TACKLIFE Advanced 6.7 Amp - PJS02A
Black & Decker BDEJS4C
WEN 33606 6.6-Amp
SKIL JS314901 - 6 Amp
Meterk 3000 SPM Jig Saw
PORTER-CABLE Orbital PCE345
Avid Power AJS268 Laser Jigsaw
1 - Black+Decker BDEJS600C Smart Select Jig Saw
I am mentioning this as the first pick. Because it is a good choice when it comes to the fair price factor.
The Black + Decker BDEJS600C Smart Select Jigsaw is cheap but having a powerful speed of up to 3,000 SPM. It has the ability of 45-degree bevel cutting. It also has an adjustable coping base that helps stabilize it.
The Black+Deccker BDEJS600C Smart Select Jigsaw has an improved wired guard technology which helps precise cutting. The blade changing can be done without the need for any tool. Because it is a keyless clamp.
Black + Decker BDEJS600C Main Features:
- New and improved Wired Guard technology, which helps for more precise cutting.
- Keyless blade clamp which helps blade changing without any tool.
- A 5 Amp variable-speed motor, that lets you work up to 3,000 SPM.
- Up to 45-degree bevel cutting ability.
Black + Decker BDEJS600C - Pros & Cons
2 - TACKLIFE Advanced 6.7 Amp Jigsaw - PJS02A
The 2nd position in our top 10 budget jigsaws under $50 is Tacklife Advanced PJS02A Jigsaw. Because it has a better grip. Which is so much important that I gave it the 2nd rank in our list.
Tacklife Advanced PJS02A is one of the best budget jigsaws under $50. It has a variable motor that lets you work up to 3,000 SPM speed. The motor winding is made up of pure copper wire to enhance conductivity and durability. It has up to 10 feet cord and has the ability of up to 45-degree bevel cutting.
TACKLIFE Advanced Jigsaw main features
- Built-in LED light and Laser guide your cutline
- Dust blower installed to clear sawdust
- Up to 45-degree bevel cutting and orbital actions are available
- 3000 SPM motor power with 6-speed settings
- Tool-free Blade Changing
TACKLIFE Advanced Jigsaw Pros & Cons
3 - Black & Decker BDEJS4C Jig Saw
The Black+Decker brand has one another Jigsaw, i.e. BDEJS4C. It is the cheapest one on this list and should be used only for cutting simple and soft-wood. Because the BDEJS4C has a 4 Amp Motor, that may not be able to handle a heavier load.
As this is the cheapest one, so you should not expect premium features as well. However, it is best for the price as it gets your wood cutting work done.
The Black + Decker BDEJS4C Jigsaw has a variable speed controller. It has up to 45-degree bevel cutting ability and 4-orbital action.
Black + Decker BDEJS4C Main Features
- Affordable and one of the cheapest jigsaw
- Better for wood cuttings
- 4-orbital action and up to 45-degree bevel cutting ability
- The base plate helps in precision cutting
- Better for your woodworking DIY projects.
Black + Decker BDEJS4C Pros & Cons
4 - WEN 33606 Variable Speed Orbital Jigsaw
I put this into the 4th position because of the value for money factor. The WEN 33606 Variable Speed Orbital Jigsaw has 6.6 Amp motor that produces up to 3,300 SPM speed. You can freely switch between different speeds levels.
It includes a lock-on trigger switch for improved security. It has a beveling footplate and a non-marring shoe. It has also one blade for wood cutting and one for metal cutting. It has a parallel fence bracket and a two-year warranty as well ;).
WEN 33606 Main Features
- Both LED light and a Laser guide are available for precise cutting.
- It has an adjustable variable speed that can be set from 0 to 3300 strokes per minute.
- Dust blower installed
- Separate blades are available for different materials.
WEN 33606 Pros & Cons
5 - SKIL JS314901 Corded Jigsaw
The best thing about SKIL JS314901 Corded Jigsaw is that the cutting precision is very high. Not just professionals but beginners can also cut smoothly and precisely.
It has a speed controller and a dust blower that can be switched off easily through a trigger. It has a brighter halo light, which is 10 times brighter than traditional LED light. A quick shoe angle adjustment is available. The blade changing is also very easy with a tool-free blade clamp.
SKIL JS314901 Corded Jigsaw main features
- Improved precision for pros and beginners
- Brighter halo light than standard LED light
- Bevel cutting through an easy shoe adjustment and a tool-free blade clamp is available.
- Easy speed controller through a two-finger trigger.
SKIL JS314901 Pros & Cons
6 - Meterk 3000 SPM Jigsaw
People often convince with a high SPM rate. But they should also check other factors as well. i.e. if the jigsaw has fixed SPM speed or variable, and whether it is easy to control, etc. The Meterk 3000 SPM jigsaw has an easy speed controller.
This jigsaw has a powerful cutting ability, with easy tool-free blade clamp and easy SPM rate controller. It has a lock switch that lets you keep working without pressing the trigger. Its grip is soft and comfortable. The shoe can be locked at 3 different positions, i.e. 15°, 30°, 45° for bevel cutting.
Meterk 3000 SPM Jigsaw main features
- It is lightweight and powerful
- Variable Speed controller and has bevel cutting ability up to 45-degrees
- Heat dissipation through rotating fins to protect the motor from over-heating
- Dust removal at the rear is available but require a vacuum cleaner
Meterk 3000 SPM Jigsaw Pros & Cons
7 - PORTER-CABLE Orbital PCE345
The problem with most of the budget jigsaws is low quality and low durability. But if you spend a little more then you can get the PORTER-CABLE orbital PCE345 jigsaw. It is powerful for your wood cutting as well as for metal cutting.
The PORTER-CABLE Orbital PCE345 has 7 steps speed controller integrated into the trigger. It has 4 orbital settings for different materials, lock switch for continuous work without pressing the trigger, and tool-free blade clamp to remove blade with hands.
PORTER-CABLE Orbital PCE345 main features
- 7 steps speed controller and 4 orbital settings are available.
- Lock switch available for your continuous work without pressing the trigger.
- Has high quality 6-Amp motor.
- It has keyless blade clamps to remove the blade without any tool.
PORTER-CABLE Orbital PCE345 Pros & Cons
8 - PORTER-CABLE PCC650B Jigsaw
This is a cordless jigsaw. (Yes, seriously). But this is a little more expensive. i.e. it is over $50 but under $100. So I rank it on the 8th position on our list.
The PORTER-CABLE PCC650B 20V MAX jigsaw has a variable speed trigger and 3 orbital settings. It has a built-in dust blower that cleans the cutline. The blade changing can be done with hands without any tool because it has keyless blade clamps.
PORTER-CABLE PCC650B main features
- Variable speed trigger that controls the SPM rate from 2 - 2500 SPM.
- Lightweight and portable because it is cordless.
- It is a battery-powered jigsaw
PORTER-CABLE PCC650B Pros & Cons
9 - Avid Power AJS268 Laser Jigsaw
Avid Power AJS268 Laser Jigsaw has a seriously powerful 7-Amp motor. It can cut through many dense materials like steel, stainless steel, aluminum, wood, and plywood, etc. It is precise and has a high cutting performance. It can cut straight, diagonal and on a curve line. This could be your best budget jigsaw without compromising quality.
The powerful 7-Amp motor generates up to 3000 strokes per minute speed. The speed can be controlled through a 6-step dialer. Cutting depth for wood is 100mm and 10mm for steel. It has a guiding light, a scale, and an adjustable bevel cutting angle.
It has a lock switch for continuous use and maximum comfort. A keyless blade clamp and a dust extractor are also included.
Avid Power AJS268 Laser Jigsaw main features
- The powerful 7-Amp motor that generates up to 3000 SPM rate.
- Tool-free blade clamp to change the blade without any tool.
- Lock switch available for prolonged use.
- Precise cutting ability with a built-in laser guide and a scale.
- Bevel cutting ability up to 45 degrees.
Avid Power AJS268 Laser Jigsaw Pros & Cons
10 - Tacklife Classic PJS03A Jigsaw
I am going to close the best budget jigsaw list with the brand that I started the list with. The Tacklife Classic PJS03A Jigsaw is also strong enough for your projects. It is portable and lightweight which reduces your hand fatigue.
It has a 5-Amp motor that can generate up to 3000 strokes per minute. It has a 6-steps speed controller and 4 orbital settings. It has a lock-on button for prolonged use. The bevel cutting is also available. It also includes a dust extraction port, heat-releasing mechanism, tool-free blade clamps, and fence and blade guard.
Tacklife Classic PJS03A Jigsaw main features
- 6-steps speed controller included
- 4 orbital settings available and a lock-on button for prolonged use
- Bevel cutting up to 45 degree
- Dust extraction port and a heat-releasing mechanism through rotating fins.
- Fence and blade guard for extra protection
Tacklife Classic PJS03A Jigsaw Pros & Cons
I understand that price can be a big issue for many users. But to be honest, I'll suggest you add some more bucks to get a high-quality jigsaw for your projects. You may not need one right now but will surely help you in the long run.
Soon I'll be writing another post for the top 10 best jigsaws to buy in 2019 and beyond. So stay tuned.
Please let us know your experience in the comments below, so others like you may learn a little more.
Buyers Guide for your new jigsaw
I have mentioned a lot of jigsaws, and I think most of you must confuse to pick one. I have mentioned many features for them. But, which feature should you pay more attention to?
That's why I am adding this handy jigsaw buying guide for you. It is like frequently asked questions (FAQs) section. I hope this will help you a lot.
Is price something to look at?
Of course. The product cost almost everything. So whenever you decide to buy a jigsaw you should consider this as well. If you really need a jigsaw for your project and you can afford it as well, then I'll suggest you buy Bosch JS470E. It is durable as well as powerful. But if you do not need one for heavy work, and have a tight budget, you should go for Black & Decker BDEJS600C.
What Does The Warranty Cover?
The warranty covers the defected product from the company as well as any internal defect that may arise during the specified period. The products mentioned in this best budget jigsaws list have all more than a 1-year limited warranty. Which is great, and you should take benefits from it.
What’s The Difference Between A Corded and Cordless Jigsaw?
The corded jigsaw is connected to a power supply through a wire, while the cordless jigsaw use battery power. The corded jigsaw is usually more powerful and lightweight. Because it has a continuous external power supply. While the cordless jigsaw is also equipped with a battery that increases its weight.
Corded jigsaw is usually less expensive than cordless. Because the cordless jigsaw also contains a battery and charger. On the other hand, a corded jigsaw can be used for prolonged work. While the cordless jigsaw can only be used for a limited time, after which you'll have to recharge it.
Corded jigsaw can deliver maximum power because it is connected to a source of power supply. While the cordless jigsaw is manufactured as less powerful to include the portability.
Both have many pros and cons.
Can a DIY work jigsaw also good for heavy-duty projects?
No! DIY work jigsaws are designed to work for a light load. If you need to use the same jigsaw for heavy-duty too, you should buy Bosch Jigsaw. i.e. You should buy a jigsaw for heavy-duty, that'll also handle your light work. Otherwise, go for the Black & Decker brand.
What Is SPM?
SPM stands for "Strokes Per Minute". It is the speed of a jigsaw blade measured per minute. The average SPM in this best budget jigsaws list is about 3000 SPM. You should pay attention to it while buying a new jigsaw. But don't be confused by high SPM. Keep other factors in mind too.
What is Orbital or Pendulum Action?
The movement of the blade in a jigsaw is known as Orbital Action. The blade moves forward and backward at an angle, that can be set up to 45 degrees for most jigsaws. But keep in mind, this also heats the blade very quickly, especially if you are cutting dense material like stainless steel. It can damage your blade.
If you need anything, or you want to help others, or if you have any question, please let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
I am the Founder of JigsawExpert. Previously, working in a construction company for about 10 years. Now, I have extensive knowledge and experience. I love in-depth research on Power tools, especially those used for Woodworking and DIY Projects. Because these are what I use a lot. I share my experience with other peoples like you to make the best choice.